Year 3 Learning@Home
Hi Russia and Japan Classes!
We have got some fun ideas, projects and challenges that you can do at home while you can't be at school.
White Rose Maths
If you want to keep up with your learning in Maths, have a look at White Rose Maths. There are daily lessons, with video links and resources to download.
Click on the Image to go to the Year 3 Home Learning Maths Page
Week beginning Monday 30.03.2020
In this section you will find weekly projects for you to complete at home. These are not compulsory, but you are welcome to do as little or as much as you like. Don't forget to share it with us as we would love to see what you are doing.
Can you create a Biography about Ole Kirk Christiansen?
You could use these headings to help you.
1. Early life - when and where he was born
2. Early Work - His ideas around wooden toys
3. The start of Lego - Where did the name come from
4. Ole's death - when and where he died
5. The legacy of Lego - How the toys are used today
Websites for information - here are a few, can you find different websites to use?
Extra Challenge: Can you create an advertisement for the Lego toys.
Have a look at this video.
Continue your learning of homophones.
Use the new homophones in your own sentences to show what each mean.
A new Maths with Parents was released. Have a go at doing it with you family.
Extra Maths Challenge:
Ask your family to show you an analogue clock and a digital clock.
Read the time in your house.
1. When reading the time, calculate how late it would be 5, 10, 15, 20, 25 and 20 minutes later.
2. Count the time back and say what the time was 5, 10, 15, 20, 25 and 20 minutes earlier.
3. Draw your own clock and write the times.
If you are looking for the projects that were on the website previously you will find them here:
Log into Timestables Rockstars
Practise your timestables and division facts.
Daily 5 Minute Workouts with Joe!
Click to - Get moving with Joe...
Links to our Learning
Here are links to websites that we subscribe to as a school.