Family Support and Well-being
We are aware that family life can be both challenging and difficult and therefore offer support, guidance and advice to parents and carers to help them do their best.
We strive to build positive relationships with families through meetings and regular conversations.
Please find links and advice below that you may find useful.
Taking children to A&E
In the last couple of months many parents may have been worried to take their children to A&E due to Covid-19. Here is what some Newham children and young people have to say about it.
Parent Guidance from the NHS
To download the free app.
Newham Council Family Information Support Page.
to access the Shelter Housing Advice Page.
to access the Centre Point Advice Page.
The role of our Family Liaison Officer includes:
- Supporting parents on how to manage their children’s behaviour.
- Supporting parents with routines and boundaries within the school and home.
- Referring parents onto relevant parenting programmes.
- Delivering 1-1 sessions with children; raising self-esteem and confidence.
- Supporting parents on an ad-hoc basis.
- Assisting parents in completing school application forms.
Parents can make appointments with the Family Liaison Officer and discuss their current situation by telephoning our school office.