PSHE and C
The teaching of Personal, Social, Health, Economic and Citizenship Education.
(PSHE and C) is underpinned by mindfulness – the teaching of information and skills to empower children to learn now and improve their life chances later and aiming to help them to develop personal awareness.
This enables them to observe their own thoughts and feelings, regulate them and make conscious decisions about their learning, behaviour and lives. The scheme of work brings together PSHE education, emotional literacy, social skills and spiritual development.
Children are taught to:
- Develop confidence and have a sense of purpose.
- Value themselves and others.
- Celebrate the differences between people, thus showing respect for others regardless of race, gender, faith and mental or physical ability.
- Take responsibility for their learning and make the most of their skills.
- Act responsibly and make informed decisions.
- Play an active role as citizens both in school and within the wider community.
- Develop relationships with others and communicate effectively with them.
- Live a healthy, fulfilled and safe lifestyle.
Click here to access our Curriculum Map.